Why should Gay Marriage be legalized?
Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage Does Not Harm Heterosexual Marriage, nor does it interfere with anyone’s life.
When did Gay Marriage start?
The issue began being raised in the 70s after the APA voted in conference that homosexuality was a sexual orientation not a mental illness.
- How would Gay Marriage affect society?
It affects many things in society such as tax filing status, joint ownership of property, insurance benefits, and agency law. It affects critical medical decisions.
What are your POV’s (point of views) towards Gay Marriage?
Is NOT legalizing Gay Marriage violating one’s right to freedom?
Yes, it does violate the 11th amendment, the right to freedom. One should be able to do whatever they like in life without anything or anyone interfering.
In which states is Gay Marriage legal?
Gay marriage is legal in the following states:
Does Gay Marriage interfere with Religion?
GAY MARRIAGE PROS
1. Denying them is a violation of religious freedom (civil and religious marriages are two separate institutions).
2. Marriage benefits (such as joint ownership, medical decision-making capacity) should be available to all couples.
3. Homosexuality is an accepted lifestyle nowadays with most evidence strongly supporting biological causation.
4. Denying these marriages is a form of minority discrimination.
5. It doesn't hurt society or anyone in particular.
6. The only thing that should matter in marriage is love.
7. The number of child adoptions should increase since gay couples cannot pro-create (although some might see an increase in gay adoptions as an argument against same-sex marriages).
8. It encourages people to have strong family values and give up high-risk sexual lifestyles.
9. The same financial benefits that apply to man-woman marriages apply to same-sex...