1. What makes a true apprehension of the Person of Christ so important?
Because a wrong apprehension leads to mental confusion or fatal error.
2. Where are we to look for the roots of a true Christology, and why?
In the Gospels, because there we see and hear Christ himself and we can find all the material which has made possible a true Christology.
3. What four factors are necessary for a complete conception of Christ's Person?
1. He was truly human, so that everything that can be predicated of man as man (not of man as fallen), can be predicated of Him.
2. He was truly Divine, so that everything that can be predicated of God can be predicated of Him.
3. The human and the Divine were united in One Person, which mean that Christ had not a double personality, but was one Self.
4. The two natures in the one Person of Christ were inseparably united, an yet were not mingled or confounded.
7. Name four great Councils of the Christian Church, and give the dates of them.
1. The Council of Nicaea in A.D. 325.
2. The Council of Constantinople in A.D. 381.
3. The Council of Ephesus in A.D. 431.
4. The Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451.
8. Say what heresy, or heresies were condemned at each of these Councils.
1. At the Council of Nicaea Arianism was condemned
2. At the Council of Constantinople Apollinarianism was condemned
3. At the Council of Ephesus Nesterianism was condemned
4. At the Council of Chalcedon Apollinarianism, Nestorianism and Eutychianism were condemned.
9. Is the Pauline theology original or derived?
It is derived from the Gospels.
10. Name with references half-a-dozen passages in the Fourth Gospel which tell of Christ's humanity.
The Word became flesh (John 1:14)
He came as a man (John 1:30)
He died as a man (John 19:15)
His human origin was well known (John 7:27)
He declared himself to be ”a man who hath told you the truth” (John 8:40)
He possessed a human soul (John 12:27)
14. Illustrate from the Fourth Gospel...