Operator Strategies to Increase Smartphone Penetration in Africa
In this report we introduce the market context and major trends related to mobile subscribers and smartphones in Africa. We go on to analyze the various strategies used by operators to boost smartphone penetration rates on their networks. Then we bring in evidence from case studies in Africa including Orange Klif, MTN Nigeria and Safaricom Kenya. We conclude with a set of key findings and recommendations that operators can use to increase smartphone penetration rates。
Request for sample of this research report:
– Smartphone sales are forecasted to grow by a 15% CAGR from 2015 to 2020 making Africa and Middle East the fastest growing region globally.
– The African market remains heavily prepaid with a vast majority of consumers purchasing smartphones from independent retailers before obtaining a mobile subscription from an operator.
– Operators have deployed a range of direct and indirect strategies to boost smartphone penetration in Africa. Direct strategies allow operators to increase smartphone penetration by selling more devices.
– Indirect strategies drive mobile data subscriptions and hence boost smartphone penetration levels on an operator’s network.
‘Operator Strategies to Increase Smartphone Penetration in Africa’ report provides an overview of smartphone market in Africa and analyzes the various strategies telcos can leverage to increase smartphone penetration levels.
It consists of:
– Smartphone and mobile subscriber market trends in Africa.
– An analysis of the various strategies that operators can deploy to boost smartphone penetration rates.
– Key analysis and findings based on case studies in the region and a set of recommendations for mobile operators.
Reasons To Buy
– Gain understanding of smartphone market its evolution in Africa, to succeed in the...