Greed is the only human motivation. Do you agree?
What motivates us to do the things that we do? Why do we think and behave as we do? What influences people to do what they do? Naturally, greed is a human motivation; the greed for fame and wealth, that is. Greed typically denotes the excessive urge to possess as a goal bringing satisfaction in itself, the desire to acquire material wealth and possessions beyond the need of the individual, especially when this accumulation of possession denies others legitimate needs or access to those or other resources. For example, amassing a large collection of coins would not in itself be considered greed, unless the needs of others were jeopardized in the process. This greed in us will motivate us to either positive or negative pursuits. However there are other human motivations. Love for your friends and family is a powerful emotion cum motivation as well.
- The materialistic nature in us
- Greed for wealth motivates us to work harder to earn more money.
- However this could be a negative impact, as people might resort to underhand and despicable means to achieve the desired wealth as this greed serves as a very strong motivation.
- Beyond the provision of a basic level of material comfort, more wealth does not create greater happiness.
- Love for your family and friends is also another human motivation.
- When discussed in the abstract, love usually refers to interpersonal love, an experience felt by a person for another person. Love often involves caring for or identifying with a person or thing, including oneself
- Interpersonal love refers to love between human beings. It is a more potent sentiment than a simple liking for another. Interpersonal love is most closely associated with interpersonal relationships. Such love might exist between family members, friends, and couples.
- People are willing to sacrifice themselves for their loved ones, that is how powerful love is.
- Human are most...