HISTORY OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
Settlement is one of the prime needs of any society. Their settlement typology is determined by their spiritual aspirations and of material requirements. Social organization, political intention, economic means, artistic and technical ability, forms of production and consumption, means of transportation all these factor which determine the form and nature of human settlement
The interest has varied in different eras ,in different region , among different civilization .In this report I had tried to highlight the some of major civilizations ,with their characteristic feature. That lead to the physical form of their cities.
3. INDUS VALLEY CIVILIZATION
4. GREEK CIVILIZATION
5. ROMAN CIVILIZATION
6. MEDIEVAL PERIOD
7. RENAISSANCE PERIOD
8. BAROQUE PERIOD
9. ISLAMIC CITY
10. CHANDIGARH CITY
11. INDIAN CITY
12. GARDEN CITY
13. NEW TOWN
Principle aspects for consideration in the development of settlement planning thought.
2. Land characteristics, fertility, etc.
3. Water availability,climate,weather etc
1. The production system.
c. Trade and commerce
2. The economic leadership
1. Defence considerations
1. Caste,class dictinction
2. The poor and captives(slaves)
4. Cultural pattern
5. Social grouping
1. Influence in industrial production
2. Building and Construction works
3. Transportation within the settlement and beyond
4. Utilities and services
To study history of human settlements one has to go through the three ages of man
• Man and his appearance as hunter
• Period of barbaric developing communities, out of culture started.
• Civilization starting with technology, skill and formation of social...