Mexican Wedding Cookies
1 cup butter
½ cup white sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon water
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped almonds
1. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and water. Add the flour and almonds, mix until blended. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Shape dough into balls or crescents. Place on an unprepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from pan to cool on wire racks. When cookies are cool, roll in confectioners' sugar. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Margarita Bundt Cake
1 package orange cake mix (18.25)
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4)
½ cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup tequila
2 tablespoon triple sec liqueur
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon tequila
2 tablespoons triple sec liqueur
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, lemon juice 1/4 cup tequila and 2 tablespoons triple sec. Beat for 2 minutes.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to rack and pour glaze over cake while still warm.
4. To make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with 1 tablespoon tequila, 2 tablespoons triple sec and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Mix until smooth.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Squares
2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
2 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
¾ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup butter, room temperature
¼ cup honey
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a...