HEINZ – FINAL REPORT
TITLE: SHOPPER RESEARCH
Intern: Sales Function
I would like to thank Mr. Kiran Subramanian and Mr, P.V. Krishnamoorthy for constantly guiding me through the project.
I would also like to thank the many store managers, sales promoters and customers who have given me valuable information for the completion of the project.
1.1 TITLE OF THE STUDY 4
1.2 FOCUS OF THE STUDY 4
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM 4
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY 4
1.5 METHODOLOGY OF THE STUDY 4
1.6 INITIAL OBSERVATIONS 5
1.7 QUESTIONNAIRE 7
1.8 IN-DEPTH QUESTIONNAIRE ANALYSIS - CHENNAI AND BANGALORE 8
1.9 SALES PROMOTERS – SALES STORY, REVIEW AND ENGAGEMENT PROCESS 21
1.10 RECOMMENDATIONS 23
1.11 APPENDIX - 1 24
1.12 APPENDIX – 2 30
1.13 APPENDIX – 3 33
1.14 APPENDIX 4 - PHOTOGRAPHS 34
HEINZ FINAL REPORT
1.1 Title of the Study
The title of the study is – “SHOPPER RESEARCH”.
1.2 Focus of the Study
The brand focus is on: Complan in the Health Drinks segment.
1.3 Statement of the Problem
The project is undertaken to study the shopper behaviour in Modern Trade channel which influences the buying decision of the brand portfolio in question.
1.4 Objectives of the Study
The deliverables of the project are as follows:
1. Sales Promoters – Sales Story, Roles & Responsibilities, Management Process including Review and Engagement
2. Displays – Primary and Secondary – Where in the store
3. Consumer Offers – Quantity Offers, Price Offers, Children's Offers – In Health Drinks Segment
4. Samples – How Samples influence purchasing decision
5. Availability and Stock Ageing – Effects on shopper
1.5 Methodology of the Study
A variety of methods of study were adopted during the course of the project. Some of them are:
• Observing consumer behaviour in Chain and...