I. The Roc is in the building!
II. The Island Def Jam Music Group is home to a diverse and unparalleled family of artists - from today's icons to tomorrow's rising stars - and is recognized as one of the most successful labels in the industry.
III. Today, I will inform you about the history/staff of this label, the artist past/present, and overall success/failures of the company.
A. How it all got started.
B. Who brought it and who didn’t.
C. The rises and the falls.
I. How it all got started.
A. Roc-A-Fella Records is a record label founded by Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, Damon "Dame" Dash, and Kareem "Biggs" Burke. Today it operates as a subsidiary of Universal Music Group, and is distributed by The Island Def Jam Music Group..
1. The foundation of the label occurred in 1996, beginning as an independent outlet for rapper Jay-Z's first album. After being turned down by several major labels, the three guys , used money from the music videos provided by Payday Records.
2. Starting out as Roc-A-Fella's only artist, Jay-Z was supported by Biggie producer DJ Clark Kent and DJ Ski.
3. Due to a high-profile appearance by Jay Z on B.I.G.'s posthumous Life After Death, a very popular CD of its time, it helped pushed the record label up to a higher level and it shot up from there .
II. Who Brought it and who didnt.
A. Among Jay Z there were over 50 artist, which more than half have left. .
1. Some of the most popular artist were/are Kanye West, Beenie Siegal, Memphis Bleek, Cam’ron, Foxy Brown, Jim Jones, ODB and the Young Gunz to name a few .
2. Jay's 1998 album, Resonable Doubt and Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life, saw him largely depart from his previous entourage and venture forth with producers Swizz Beatz, Timbaland, The 45 King and Jermaine Dupri. " He sold million and millions of copies
3. Some of the most current artist are Kanye West,...