Cisco Router Hardware & Software Discovery
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. What Cisco “show” command displays various information and details about the router or switch such as Model #, flash memory, RAM, IOS version and physical interfaces?
Show Version – displays various information and details about the router.
2. During the Instructor’s TELNET session to LAN Switch 1 and LAN Switch 2 – what was the captured terminal password for LAN Switch 1 and LAN Switch 2?
Cisco was the captures terminal password for LAN Switch 1 and LAN Switch 2.
3. What is the size of the IOS file used for the Cisco 28xx Routers?
The size of the Cisco 28xx Routers 239Kb.
4. What is the command used to enter the global configuration mode for interfaces on a Cisco Router or Switch?
Router>enable is command used to enter the global configuration mode.
5. The default hexadecimal value of the configuration register setting for the Cisco 28xx Router is?
The hexadecimal value of the configuration register setting for the Cisco 28xx Router is 0x2102.
6. What are the specific settings for the configuration hexadecimal value 0x2102?
7. What is the key sequence used to interrupt the boot sequence of a router and initiate the password recovery sequence?
The key sequence used to interrupt the boot sequence of a router are –ignores break, -boot into ROM if initial boot fails, -9600 console baud rate default value for most platforms.
8. Using the password recovery process how can you break the router boot sequence to see the router saved passwords and what can you do in that mode.
Ctrl – C to skip the initial setup procedure to view, change and delete passwords.
9. What is the command used to back up the running-config file to TFTP?
The command is “copy running – config TFTP”.
10. What process takes place if the command “copy tftp running-config” is entered?
The command lets you merge your back up config on a TFTP server with your running...