Unit 1 Assignment 1: Adding Active Directory
Provide the answers to the following questions to satisfy the key points of interest to the Ken 7 Windows Limited management regarding the addition of the Active Directory to the network.
1. Currently, system administrators create Ken 7 users in each computer where users need access. In the Active Directory, where will system administrators create Ken 7 users?
a. The system administrators will create Ken 7 users in Active Directory using the Users and Computers option under administrative tools.
2. How will the procedures for making changes to the user accounts, such as password changes, be different in the Active Directory?
a. The procedures for making changes to the user accounts, such as password changes, will be different in the Active Directory because you can make a single change across multiple computers.
3. What action should administrators take for the existing workgroup user accounts after converting to the Active Directory?
a. The action administrators should take for each workgroup would be to create an organizational unit or group policies. Administrators should be able to add and delete users across the domain from one computer and will allow users to access their account from any computer on the domain.
4. How will the administrators resolve the differences between the users accounts defined on the different computers? In other words, if user accounts have different settings on different computers, how ill the Active Directory address that issue?
a. Administrators will resolve different settings on different computers by using Group Policy Management which will allow different settings for each user.
5. How will the procedure for defining access controls change after converting to the Active Directory?
a. The procedure for defining access controls will change after converting to Active Directory by being able to change access controls across different...