Potential Sources of Data Modification
1. Which of the following is used to ensure no modification has taken place during capture?
2. Which device ensures that a system taking a bit-stream copy cannot modify the data in the source hard drive?
a. Write Blocker
3. What is the best defense a forensic specialist has for the data modification that occurs during live forensic analysis?
a. Forensics Software
4. Which procedural process ensures that only the proper individuals have access to evidence to limit the possible sources of modification?
a. Chain of Custody
5. Which of the following is a term used to describe a method of copying data to ensure that it is an exact copy of the original?
a. Bit-stream Copy
Create a Digital Forensic Software or Equipment Proposal
I need to selecting three examples of software or a state-of-the-are piece of equipment that could be acquired for AAA Computer Forensics’ new lab. Following my research, I came across Forensic Recovery of Evidence Center (FREDC).
The requirement is for processing digital evidence and Digital Intelligence, Inc. is the only source which offers the FRED device along with its unique features, such as write blocking technology, storage redundancy via RAID technology, and multiple, simultaneous forensic analyses This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR 13 and Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice.
FREDC is a fully configured, private cloud, for forensic storage. FREDC is equipped with centralized storage, centralized administration, centralized security, and centralized backup. FREDC has been designed from the ground up to be fast and reliable for direct forensic imaging and processing to and from the server itself. While other solutions require secondary copies to network storage, the FREDC system has been...