IS471 Computer Forensics Course
IS471 Written Assignment Computer Forensics Evidence Rules
Written Assignment: Computer Forensics Evidence Rules
• Describe how to make a self-evaluation of your work by answering the following questions:
a. How could you improve your performance in the case?
b. Did you expect the results you found? Did the case develop in ways you did not expect?
c. Was the documentation as thorough as it could have been?
d. What feedback has been received from the requesting source?
e. Did you discover any new problems? If so, what are they?
f. Did you use new techniques during the case or during research?
Your report should include:
Table of contents
Body of report
IS471 Written Assignment Definition of Computer Forensics Part A
1. Why should your evidence media be write protected?
2. Why does the ASCLD mandate that there should be procedures established for a computer forensics lab?
3. List 2 popular certification systems for computer forensics.
IS471 Written Assignment Definition of Computer Forensics Part B
IS471 Written Assignment Definition of Computer Forensics Part
Describe how to conduct an investigation
IS471 Written Assignment E-mail
1. What is the main piece of information you look for in an email message you are investigating?
2. Please list 2 formatting standards for email.
3. When you access your email what type of computer architecture are you using?
4. Explain the role of email in investigations.
5. Describe client and server roles in email.
6. Explain the use of Email server logs.
IS471 Written Assignment Forensic Report
Final Project: Forensics Report
1. Submit the Final Report for you Forensics Project here.
2. Your Final Report should be an MS Word document, at least six pages in length.
1.Your forensics report should be about a fictitious company going through any...