IT’S A GIRL: The three deadliest words in the world
1. The United Nations estimates that as many as 200 million girls are missing in the world today because of Gendercide.
2. Gendercide is gender-selective mass killing, and exists on almost every continent, affecting rich and poor, educated and illiterate. This also includes infanticide and sex-selection abortion.
3. Today I’m going to tell you why gendercide crisis should be a concern in America:
a. Problem: the world’s gendercide crisis
b. Effect: the consequences of a world full of men
c. Solution: what needs to be done to save girls?
Transition: let’s start seeing the problem a little bit closer.
II. PROBLEM: THE WORLD’S GENDERCIDE CRISIS.
4. According with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in the year 2020, China will have as many as 40 million more young men than women under the age of 20. That’s roughly the equivalent of the entire population of young men in the United States. Who will not be able to find wives or have a family.
5. Although a large percentage of the 200 million cases occur in Southeast Asia, namely in China and India, son preference is not uncommon in Europe and is a growing problem in the United States, where a number of reports attest that, yes; Americans too have aborted thousands of babies simply because they are girls.
6. The sex determination during pregnancy is always a necessary step to the procurement of a sex-selective abortion. A ''sex-selective abortion'' is an abortion undertaken for purposes of eliminating an unborn child based on the sex or gender of the child.
7. Sex-selective abortion is at work in the United States as well. Until recent negative publicity, “it was not unusual to find abortionists advertising the availability of sex-selective abortions in newspapers such as the New York Times,” Steven W. Mosher, president of the Population Research Institute,...