March 11, 2009
PEL 2905 EC
Personal Training in Jacksonville
A personal trainer is a fitness professional who normally works one-on-one with a client and develops and implements a method or techniques for physical fitness. A great trainer empowers, motivates, challenges, and retains his or her clients. Trainers should always promise to do the following:
* Provide safe and effective instruction.
* Provide equal and fair treatment to all clients.
* Stay up-to-date on the latest health and fitness research and
understand its practical application.
* Maintain current CPR and AED certificates and knowledge of first-aid
* Comply with all applicable business, employment and intellectual
* Uphold and enhance public appreciation and trust for the health and
* Maintain the confidentiality of all client information.
* Refer clients to more qualified health or medical professionals when
* Establish and maintain clear professional boundaries.
(ACE Code of Ethics)
Here in Jacksonville there are many gyms and personal trainers. Various gyms employ their own trainers or they have independent trainers who come in to help their members get in shape. If the gym employs the personal trainer, it will usually require a certain number of hours per work to be worked but will also cover the trainer’s insurance. Whereas an independent trainer can usually come and go as he or she pleases in the gym but has to cover his or her own insurance. For an independent personal trainer, being covered at $1 million is a standard insurance liability amount.
Comparing Jacksonville Gyms
| | | | |