• Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), are products that are sold quickly at relatively low cost. • Though the absolute profit made on FMCG products is relatively small, they generally sell in large quantities, so the cumulative profit on such products can be large.
EXAMPLES OF FMCG GOODS
• Toiletries, soap, cosmetics, teeth cleaning products, shaving products and detergents, as well as other nondurables such as glassware, light bulbs, batteries, paper products and plastic goods. • FMCG may also include pharmaceuticals, consumer electronics, packaged food products and drinks, although these are often categorized separately
Top Ten Players in FMCG
1. Hindustan Unilever Ltd. 2.ITC (Indian Tobacco Company) 3. Nestlé India 4. GCMMF (AMUL) 5. Dabur India 6. Asian Paints (India) 7. Cadbury India 8 Britannia Industries 9. Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care 10. Marico Industries
Focus Area Of Presentation
PAPER PRODUC TS
COSMETI CS AND SKIN CARE
CONSUMER ELECTRONI CS
COMPANIES UNDER CONSIDERATION
• The inception of Emami Group took place way back in mid seventies when the company started manufacturing cosmetic products as well as Ayurvedic medicines under the brand name of Emami from a small factory in Kolkata in 1974.
- Vision & Mission
Making people healthy and beautiful, naturally
To contribute whole heartedly towards the environment and society integrating all our stakeholders into the Emami family
- Product Categories
• Strong branding through celebrity endorsements has been one of the oldest and successful marketing strategies adopted by the company. Emami continues to use this strategy to build existing brands and launch new products. • It is aggressively foraying into the hair care segment with a bouquet of products comprising hair packs, dyes, colourants and shampoos.
• Baby care is yet...