2 (a) List and explain the two basic strategic planning roles of the Human Resource Manager?
i. Strategy Execution Role
* To state it plainly achieving organizational excellence must be the work of HR.
* create an entirely new role and agenda for the field that focuses it not on traditional HR activities, but on outcomes.
* the manager should be defined by what it delivers results that enrich the organization's value to customers, investors, and employees.
* the manager can help delivered organizational excellence in the following four ways:
i. HR should become a partner with senior and line managers in strategy execution.
ii. HR should become an expert in the way work is organized and executed, delivering administrative efficiency while quality is maintained.
iii. HR should become a champion for employees, representing their concerns to senior management and at the same time working to increase employee contribution.
iv. HR should become an agent of continuous transformation, shaping processes and culture that together improve an organization's capacity for change.
ii. Strategy Fomulation Role
* Supplying competitive intelligence that may be use ful in the strategic planning process.
* Supplying information regarding the companys internal human strengths and weaknesses.
* The process of choosing the most appropriate course of action for the realization of organizational goals and objectives and thereby achieving the organizational vision.
* The process of strategy formulation basically involves six main steps. Though these steps do not follow a rigid chronological order, however they are very rational and can be easily followed in this order:
i. Setting Organizations’ objective
ii. Evaluating the Organizational Environment
iii. Setting Quantitative Targets
iv. Aiming in context with the divisional plans
v. Performance Analysis
vi. Choice of Strategy
2 (b) List and explain...