LABORATORY SAFETY RULES (PHYSICS)
The following regulations will be enforced. You will be asked to sign a statement indicating that
you have received OSHA basic training and have received, read, and understood the laboratory safety
1. No student will be permitted in the laboratory without an instructor. No visitors are permitted.
2. Student may not begin working or gathering supplies and equipment until their instructor is
present. Do not touch any equipment or supplies without specific authorization.
3. All experiments must be approved by the instructor.
4. Eating and drinking are not permitted in the laboratory.
5. Wear appropriate clothing and required protective covering while in the lab. No one will be
permitted in the lab with bare feet, sandals, or shoes with exposed toes.
6. Soft contact lenses must not be worn in the laboratory. Eye damage may occur.
7. Laboratory aprons are provided and must be worn during the laboratory. Safety goggles must
be worn for specific experiments and student must purchase their own goggles!!!
8. All aisles in the laboratory must be kept open at all times. Personal belongings should be kept
below the table and out of the working area.
9. Know the locations and operational details of all laboratory emergency safety equipment and
10. Report all unsafe conditions, unusual odors and personal injuries to the instructor or a staff
11. Leave your lab bench as you found it. With the equipment neatly placed at the end of the table
nearest the center aisle. The lab bench area should be free of debris.
12. Stay out of restricted areas.
13. Observe the warning sign on the door of the prep room.
14. Carefully follow all instructions from instructors and laboratory staff.
15. Persons not following these rules will be asked to leave the laboratory.
16. Material data sheets are located in the prep room and are available to anyone who wishes to
read them. A copy of...