Translate Into English.
1. å¥³æ§è·ç¾è'æ¯å°è´æ§å¥å·®ç°çåå ä¹ä¸ã
Complete the sentences with the words provided below in the appropriate form. Use NO MORE THAN ONE WORD for each sentence.
diagnosis, speculate, inadequate, permission, outnumber
elevate, explain, evidence, syndrome, repetitive
1. Many people doing boring or ______ jobs deliberately introduce a certain amount of stress to make the routine more exciting.
2. So far, neither nature nor nurture has provided a completely satisfactory ______.
3. Men in prison vastly ______ women.
4. Carpal tunnel ______ is a medical condition which causes pain and weakness in a person's wrist.
5. The police refused to ______ about what might happen.
6. What do ______ blood sugar levels, depression, and excess weight have in common?
7. Eighteen months ago Lynda Murray was ______ as having cancer and given just six months to live.
8. Pages should not be copied without the ______ of the publisher.
9. Medical ______ shows that men are more likely to have heart attacks than women.
10. The disease spread quickly because of poor living conditions and ______ health care.
It go without saying there are not only more and more people using mobile phone every day but the functions of mobiles are becoming various. Many people are worried that students will probably be attracted by so called 'high-tech toys' when they are studying in school, such as sending messages to their friends when the teacher is teaching. I tend to disagree with this statement and the reasons are as follows.
To begin with, recent news indicate that crime rates around schools are increasing. In view of this, cell phones can not be banned in school because they are a necessary and convenient tool for parents to contact with their children so as to ensure safety. Besides, a cell phone can be a very useful learning tool. For example,...