University of Phoenix Material
Week 2 Mentorship Meeting Worksheet
Please complete this sheet with your mentor and submit it to your instructor.
Date of Meeting: 11/26/2013
Meeting Duration: Two hours
1. Meeting notes – What was discussed during your meeting?
We discussed the type of leaderships, leaders in the workplace, and how to be an effective leader.
What questions or concerns did you discuss with your mentor about leadership?
• What do you now know that you wish someone had told you when you started in the profession?
• What obstacles did you have to overcome to get where you are today?
• How did you obtain important assignments within the firm or company?
• What new skills did you acquire along the way that helped facilitate your career development?
What Makes A Good Leader?
We conducted some research to find out what makes a good leader. The results show that different industries, disciplines, and contexts require the use of different leadership styles to be effective.
The table below describes each of the eight leadership styles, and gives examples when the style should or should not be used.
|Description |When to use | |
| | | |
| | |When not to use |
|PARTICIPATIVE LEADERSHIP |
|ESFJ/ENFJ, Extraverted Feeling (Jung), or Harmonising (MTR-i) |
| |People-oriented, motivator, builds personal |Commitment from others is critical, or |Decisions need to be...