Letter of Advice
COM 200 Interpersonal Communication
November 17, 2013
Final paper outline: Letter of Advice
* Introduction – thesis statement:
* It is important to understand the importance of communication in every aspect of a relationship because without proper communication it is difficult for a relationship to grow. In order to learn how to communicate better with our partner we have to assess what are our strengths and weaknesses when it come to interacting with one another and conveying how you feel . There are many barriers to effective interpersonal interactions and we have to overcome them in order to fortify the relationship. It is not easy sometimes we feel we are skillful communicators but without proper communication and feedback problems will not get resolved. Communication is essential in every relationship.
* Body paragraph #1
* Topic sentence: All relationships have problems and to work those out you have to communicate effectively, to do so; first you need to identify the barriers to effective communication.
* Supporting evidence: According to the book making connections by Kathy Sole “three common communication problems in relationships stem from the following behaviors of one or both parties: silence or refusing to communicate; placating, which means to soothe or calm someone by being nice or giving in to demands; and playing games”
* Body paragraph #2
* Topic sentence: Second, you need to assess your personal communication and improve your communication competencies
* Supporting evidence: There are many different interpersonal communicating skills which include; listening skills, people skills, emotional intelligence, appropriate skill selection and communicating ethically. In order to improve in your communication competency you have to increase your self-awareness. You have to know where you stand in the skills, what are your strengths and weaknesses...