BTEC National in Business
Unit 3 – Introduction to Marketing
Date due: _______________________________________
Instructions for Learners
1. Read the assignment brief carefully and make sure you understand:
a) what you have to do in each task, and
b) what work to hand in.
If you are uncertain, discuss it with your teacher.
2. The assignment is split up into tasks, which will be set at interim periods throughout the unit. Your tutor will guide you and provide you with set dates and deadline dates.
3. To achieve a PASS grade, you need to ensure that all of the pass criteria have been met. To gain an overall MERIT grade, you must complete all of the pass criteria and all of the merit criteria. To achieve a DISTINCTION for the unit, you must complete all of the pass and merit criteria, as well as the distinction criteria.
4. Merit and distinction criteria are EXTENSIONS of the pass criteria, and do not have to be separate tasks.
5. If you work in a group at any time, you must present your own responses to each task of the assignment.
6. Information from secondary sources must be referenced within your work and at the end in a bibliography, NOT presented as your own work / ideas. How to reference and list bibliographies will be covered in class.
7. Your tutor will provide witness statements or any special documentation you may need to complete your tasks.
Assessment and Grading Criteria
To achieve a pass grade the evidence must show that the learner is
To achieve a merit grade the evidence must show that the learner is able to:
To achieve a distinction grade the evidence must show that the learner is able to:
P1: describe how marketing techniques are used to market products in two organisations
M1: compare marketing...