There are two direct competitors in the automobile market, Lexus and Mercedes.
• Luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corporation.
• First introduced in the United States in 1989, where Lexus has now become the highest-selling make of luxury cars. 
• Lexus vehicles are now available throughout the world.
• Slogan: “The Pursuit of Perfection”. 
Place in the market
• Global sales of 518,000 Lexus vehicles worldwide; 81,000 sold in Asia. 
• Has developed a reputation for vehicle reliability and customer service.
o In 2008, consumer ratings firm J.D. Power and Associates named Lexus the most reliable brand in the U.S. for the fourteenth year based on its Vehicle Dependability Survey, a measure of over 53,000 vehicle owners and problems experienced in the first three years of vehicle ownership.    
o Through 2008, Consumer Reports has also named Lexus among the top five most reliable brands in its Annual Car Reliability Surveys of over one million vehicles across the U.S.  
• Achieved a multitude of awards
o The World Car of the Year Awards program initiated by, organized by, and conducted by automotive journalists from around the globe, awarded LS 460 as 2007 World Car of the Year. 
o Lexus IS achieved a five star rating in the latest European New Car Assessment Program (Euro NCAP) crash test for adult occupant protection with 33 points awarded overall. 
Marketing and media strategies
• Toyota’s longtime advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi formed a specialized unit, Team One, to handle marketing for Lexus. 
• Active Media Releases
• Recent Marketing and Media Campaigns in Singapore include
• “December to Remember” - the celebrations are part of a Christmas campaign encourage people to consider buying a Lexus as a present for their loved ones. 
o Sponsor a multitude of sporting events such as Lexus Champions for Charity golf...