America’s protectors: the KKK
November 26, 2013
A. Hook Sentence
1. Ghastly men marched, adorned in spectral sheets, and paraded through the streets of down town Denver on a cold October night and people watched in awe. This was a Klu Klux Klan parade.
1. The Klan would parade more and more as it grew; people would join contently each time.
2. Each new member would get a ghastly suit of “Armor”
3. New Klan members would have to do things to be able to join.
C. Historical Question: Why did people join the Klu Klux Klan?
1. To be Protected
2. Hated blacks
D. Thesis: People joined the Klu Klux Klan to be protected, people also joined because they hated blacks, most of all people joined for the charity.
II. 1st Body Paragraph
A. Topic Sentence: Protect America
1. The Klu Klux Klan didn’t want blacks to take over America
a) The Klu Klux Klan would kill blacks
2. The Klan didn’t want America to be overran by blacks
a) They would do anything and ever thing to keep blacks from taking over.
3. The Klu Klux Klan ran most of Colorado in the 1920s
a) Even the Mayor of Denver was in the Klan in the 1920s
4. The Kolorado Klan targeted mostly Jews, Catholics, and foreigners in the 1920s.
a) The Klan targeted mostly Jews because they moved to the United States from another country.
b) The Klan targeted Catholics because of their religious believes.
(1) Catholics were the ones educating the blacks.
(2) The Catholics welcome all races.
A. Topic Sentence: Hated Blacks
1. The Klan didn’t want America to be overran by blacks
a) The Klan would lynch blacks to scare other blacks
b) They were supposed to be slaves
c) They destroyed the south way of living
IV. 3rd body paragraph
A. Topic Sentence: Charity
1. They wanted to help out with churches
a) The Klan would donate money to churches every week (Newspaper: No Author, “Ku Kluxers of Flagler...