1. winner makes mistakes and says, “I was wrong”. A loser says, “It wasn’t my fault”.
2. A winner credits his good luck for winning even though it wasn’t luck. A loser credits his bad luck for losing, but it wasn’t luck.
3. A winner knows what to fight for and what to compromise on. A loser compromises on what he should not and fights for what isn’t worth fighting for. Every day is a battle for life and it is very important that we are fighting for the right things and not wasting our time with trivia.
4. A winner says, “I’m good, but not as good as I ought to be”. A loser says, “Well, I’m not as bad as a lot of other people”. A winner looks up to where he is going. A loser looks down at those who’ve not yet achieved the position he has.
5. A winner respects those who are superior to him and tries to learn from them. A loser resents those who are superior to him and tries to find fault.
6. A winner is responsible for more than his job. A loser says, “I only work here”.
7. A winner says, “There ought to be a better way of doing it”. A loser says, “Why change it - that’s the way it’s always been done”.
First of all, winning and losing are not my identity. They are an expression of what I do. It is important to make this distinction. Then one can have some clarity.
"Winning and losing, ultimately, are not events but mindsets.
"Most people think that they are events. But when you look closely at something, you can see that many things decide whether an outcome will be favorable or not.
"There have been people who have been on a winning streak for years, and then the tide appears to turn and they appear to have lost the magic.
"Then there are others who appear to have never won at anything, but then suddenly appear to hit a winning streak."
Winners aim to achieve success
Losers aim to avoid failure
Winners aim for business results
Losers aim for personal kudos
Winners develop themselves by helping others to succeed