MA265 Unit 8 Assignment
Create a PowerPoint presentation
for each of the three patients wi
th special dietary needs listed
below (total of three presentations):
1. A 14-year-old female who just
learned that she is diabetic.
2. A 45-year-old business man who has high cholesterol.
3. A 33-year-old female who is obese.
• The PowerPoint presentations must be professional.
• The following items should be highlighted: the s
pecific types of food the patient should eat, the
number of calories, and t
he amount of fat that they
should consume per day.
• Patient education should be very specific to eac
h of the patient’s needs
. You must also include
at least three resources that your patient
can access regarding their special dietary needs,
exercise routines, as well as
other treatment modalities.
• You must include information regarding medi
cations, treatment modalities, and lifestyle
changes for each patient.
• You will choose one patient and type up a brie
f summary of information that would be
important for you to communicate to the patient
to get them started. You must also highlight
what therapeutic communication te
chniques or considerations y
ou would need to have in order
to communicate appropriately with the patient
that you selected. You may type up this
summary and add it to your PPT presentation,
or you may send it separately as a Word
document. Also, all internal citati
on of outside sources plus the listing of all references should
also adhere to APA format.
• Your PowerPoint presentation should be easy
to read and it should include a title page with
your name and a reference page in APA format.
• You must have a minimum of four professional
references, and these references must be in
proper APA format on a separate slide at the
end of each of your presentations. This
assignment should follow the conventions of
Standard American English (correct...