Topic: Rectangular Coordinate
Date / Time / Class Length: 13/12/2010, 11:05am-11:50am, 45 mins
Level: Secondary Two
Class Size: 30 students
Background description :
Introduction of the conception of Rectangular Coordinate which is the 1st class in a series of 7 classes on Rectangular Coordinate. Students should have already learnt some background knowledge from S.1. Supposedly, Students are able to understand what is Directed numbers and the number line. Also, the addition and subtraction rules for directed number should be mastered already.
Students’ Learning Objectives:
1. Students will be able to understand the meaning of ordered pair which means they can distinguish which is x-coordinate and y-coordinate.
2. Students will be able to recognize the origin, x-axis, y-axis of the Cartesian plane.
3. Students will be able to distinguish there are four quadrants.
4. Students will be able to draw a given ordered pair on the Cartesian plane correctly.
Materials/Resources/Technology used in class:
2. Presentation by using power point to assist to show some graphic effects.
Duration (min.) Activity Details (including both teacher’s and students’ tasks) Learning Objective
5 min Pre-assessment 1. Teacher will write down the learning objective of this lesson on the right hand corner of the blackboard.
2. Teacher write down some exercises of directed number on the board and give students one minute to think about them;
3. Voluntary students provide the answer of the given examples;
4. A worksheet will be distributed which has two more exercises of directed number and students need to finish them;
5. Answer will be provided by teacher 1. Letting students what they will learn in this lesson.
2. Recall memory of directed number
3. Let students to participate in class activity.
4. Ensure all students recall the knowledge of directed number.
5 min Story telling 1. Teacher present a story which is...