To : All staff
From : Michael James, security manager MJ
Date : 11 July 2008
Subject : FIRE SAFETY DURING A FIRE
As a fire broke out on the fourth floor of the building last Friday at around 3.30pm, I have been asked by the managing Director to inform all staff about the do's and don'ts during a fire so that they are well informed about what to do in case a fire occurs again.
To ensure your safety when a fire, you can follow the step below:
1. Initially, you must be clam with a clear mind that can make logical decision to help you escape from the fire.
2. After you discover a fire, you should immediately ring the fire alarm to inform other people are in the building.
3. Then, you have to contact the security which have well-arranged to help people get away from fire.
4. Subsequently, you are necessary to call the fire brigade to put out the fire.
5. At the same time, the most important thing is use the stairs to flee for yours life.
6. After evacuate, all the people be supposed to gather at the car park to count and make sure that everybody have left from there.
For kindly remind, when a fire happen you should not do the following things:
1. The electric power maybe will be cut when a fire, so you are not advised use the lift because lift will stop working anytime as a result you will lock inside.
2. You are not allowed to carry all your belongings. We advocate you bring the most important thing only like identity card.
3. Don't push and rush when you try to get away faster, it will make other accident happen.
4. Don't put it out yourself if it is dangerous.
A fire safety talk will be organized on next Saturday (19 July 2008), 2pm at the function room, and the attendance is compulsory.
Your co-operation is greatly appreciated and should you require further clarification please contact me at ext.299.