MGMT 340 Full Course Project: Petrie's Electronics
MGMT 340 Week 1 Project: Company Overview PackagePetrie's Electronics Case, Chapter 2, Questions 1, 2, and 4
1. How do information systems projects get started in organizations?
2. How are organizational information systems related to company strategy? How does strategy affect the information systems a company develops and uses?
4. What do you think Jim’s next step would be?
MGMT 340 Week 2 Project: Planning and Selection SDLC Phase 1 Package
Petrie's Electronics Case, Chapter 3, Questions 1, 2, and 3
1. What qualities might Jim possess that would make him a successful project manager?
2. How do you think Jim should respond to Ella’s implied pressure about the importance of the project to her?
3. What strategies might Jim employ to deal with a very busy team member such as Carmen Sanchez?
Petrie's Electronics Case, Chapter 4, Questions 1, 2, and 3
1. Look over the scope statement (PE Figure 4-1). If you were an employee at Petrie’s Electronics, would you want to work on this project? Why or why not?
2. If you were part of the management team at Petrie’s Electronics, would you approve the project outlined in the scope statement in PE Figure 4-1? What changes, if any, need to be made to the document?
3. Identify a preliminary set of tangible and intangible costs you think would occur for this project and the system it describes. What intangible benefits do you anticipate for the system?
MGMT 340 Week 3 Project: Systems Analysis SDLC Phase 2 Package
Petrie's Electronics Case, Chapter 5, Questions 1, 3, and 5
1. What do you think are the sources of the information Jim and his team collected? How do you think they collected all of that information?
3. If you were looking for alternative approaches for Petrie’s customer...