MGT 431 Entire Course ( A+Material )
Get Tutorial by Clicking on the link below or Copy Paste Link in Your Browser
For More Courses and Exams use this form ( http://hwguiders.com/contact-us/ )
Feel Free to Search your Class through Our Product Categories or From Our Search Bar
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
COURSE NUMBER: MGT431
COURSE TITLE: Human Resource Management
Week One – Staffing
• Describe the changing role of human resource (HR) management in response to trends in globalization, technology, diversity, e-business, and ethics.
• Evaluate staffing practices and selection tools for effectiveness and legal compliance.
• Utilize various recruitment strategies to meet organizational needs.
• Read Ch. 1 of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
• Read Ch. 2 of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
• Read Ch. 3 (Equal Employment Opportunity sections only) of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
• Read Ch. 5 of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
• Read Ch. 6 of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
• Read this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
2. Discussion Questions
• What is the new strategic role of human resources (HR)? How does this role affect you in your current position? Is this effect positive or negative? Why?
• What is the greatest challenge when it comes to HR in your organization? Also, in your opinion do managers and supervisors contribute positively or negatively to helping HR perform it’s role?
• What are some of the legal/ethical issues that must be taken into consideration when it comes to the HR function within an organization?
• • Briefly discuss and give examples of at least five common interviewing mistakes that interviewers make. What recommendations would you give for avoiding these interviewing mistakes?
• What are the...