MGT 498 Final Exam Guide
For more course tutorials visit
In a survey of 50 corporations, which of the following was rated as a benefit of strategic management?
2) Research suggests that strategic management evolves through four sequential phases in corporations. The first phase is
3) Strategic management is that set of managerial decisions and actions that determine the long-run performance of a corporation. Which one of the following is NOT one of the basic elements of the strategic management process?
4) The relationship among the board of directors, top management, and shareholders is referred to as
5) The concept that proposes private corporations have responsibilities to society that extend beyond making a profit is known as
6) Who said that the social responsibility of business is a "fundamentally subversive doctrine" and that the one social responsibility of business is "to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays with the rules of the game..."?
7) Which of the following is NOT descriptive of external environmental scanning?
8) According to Porter, the corporation is most concerned with
9) When a company determines a competency's competitive advantage, Barney refers to this issue as
10) An acronym for the assessment of the external and internal environments of the business corporation in the process of strategy formulation/strategic planning is
11) In the development of a SFAS matrix, the first step is to
12) The technique that illustrates how management can match the external opportunities and threats with its strengths and weaknesses to yield four sets of strategic alternatives is called a (an)
13) Which strategy specifies the firm's overall direction in terms of its general orientation toward growth, the industries or markets in which it competes, and the manner in which it coordinates activities and transfers resources among business...