Wednesday 4th of November (first week after the holidays) at the start of the lesson
1. Must be typed up
2. Fully completed
3. If you do not know what to do come and see me this week or on Monday/Tuesday after the holidays
4. If it is not completed on the due date you will get a 1 hour detention and will not be allowed to participate in the sports activities
5. NO EXCUSES
Unit 6 Assignment Name -
What makes a great sports leader?
Leadership skills (attributes)
Write down 3 dot points describing the leadership skills and qualities (use relevant examples) or use 3 of the skills and 3 qualities that you have researched.
1. A good communicator
- By having good communication you can engage your students into listening and understanding what you have to say.
- For an effective sports event to take place they students must understand what they are being asked to do and this can only be done through good communication.
- By showing good communication skills this a way of showing confidence which can make your students respect you.
- For a sports event/lesson to run smoothly a sports leader must be organised this can be done through a plan.
3. Knowledge about their sport
- To teach any sport as a sports leader you must have knowledge of the sport that you are teaching.
- If you have knowledge about the sport that you are teaching and a passion it makes it easier for you to teach the sport.
- To earn the respect of the people you are teaching you must speak to them with the appropriate language.
5. An effective listener
- To help your student move forward you must listen to there problems
6. Evaluate and move forward
Write down 3 dot points describing the three different leadership...