BASIC MUSIC THEORY
HOW TO READ, WRITE, AND UNDERSTAND
Basic Music Theory: How to Read, Write, and Understand Written Music
Published by Sol-Ut Press
A Music Education Business
Copyright © 2001 Questions, Ink. All rights reserved. No part of this book, including interior
design, cover design, and icons, may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means
(electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the
Questions, Ink and the Q.I. logo are trademarks of Sol-Ut Press.
send E-mail regarding this book to BMT@QuestionsInk.com
For general information about this book or Sol-Ut Press, visit our web site at
www.QuestionsInk.com or www.sol-ut.com.
(Provided by Quality Books, Inc.)
Basic music theory : how to read, write, and
understand written music / Jonathan Harnum. -- 1st ed.
1. Music Theory. 2. Conducting. 3. Musical
notation. I. Title.
What’s New in Basic Music Theory 2nd ed.
The best-seller has been completely
revised and expanded!
• New Chapter on the Guitar Fingerboard
• Change in sequence of material. Rhythm before pitch.
• Larger format (8.5 x 11) for easier reading
• Updated web references
• More scales included
• More Practical Use exercises
• More blank staves to practice on
• Revised Chapter and Part Reviews
• Links to helpful information on Sol-Ut.com
• Fully hyperlinked TOC, Index, cross-references, and web addresses
Click to order
Read what folks have to say about the Music Theory book
versatile enough to be used by middle schools, universities,
“Fun and engaging. A real winner!”
—Terrie Lyons, PhD, P.C....