1. Whenever she calls me, she is always complaining about something.
2. When Philip went to the mall, he spent a fortune on the leather jacket.
3. My sister has no interest in fashion and hates going to the mall.
4. My sister loves her husband and children very much, and makes them the center of her life.
5. When the band started to play a slow song, the father of the bride asked for a dance.
6. After Joanna left her bracelet on her lovers night stand, she tried to call him only to have his wife answer the phone.
1. My car wouldn’t start yesterday, because the battery was dead.
2. Stephen was having a difficult time in math, and managed a C average in the class.
3. I balanced myself on the top of the ladder, and then I lost my balance.
4. Uncle Frank, my little sister’s favorite, lets her play with his toy train all the time.
5. I love chocolate very much, but I can’t stand chocolate doughnuts.
6. The gas prices lately are higher than they have ever been.
7. Although the offer sounded legitimate, Mr. Garcia was still suspicious.
8. Last night Mr. and Mrs. Smith got into an argument over where they were going on vacation.
1. The turkey was dry, because Mark had overcooked it.
2. Postcards make a good souvenir, but they are not substitute for the real experience of traveling.
3. Denise apologized to her sister, and they were very happy.
4. Stephen spent fifty dollars on his haircut, but it didn’t look attractive.
5. The first snow falls, so we put extra blankets on our beds.
6. The mail carrier brings mail to my house, and the dogs go wild.