PASSION FOR INNOVATION
Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. This is what I believe in it. I have a great passion for innovation. Over the last few years, a green wave has swept the business world — an unpredictable mix of concern about natural world degradation, volatile energy and resource prices, and rising “stakeholder” questions — from business customers, consumers, employees, and other pressure groups. Hence to save environment we have to go for green computing.
Green IT is one Path to a Green Recovery
As 21st century belongs to computers, gizmos and electric items, energy issues will get a serious ring in the coming days as the public debate on carbon emissions, global warming and climate change gets hotter.
Contrary to one very common misperception, going green doesn’t raise costs; it lowers them. While focusing on today’s cost savings opportunities, IT industry is responsible for 2 percent of global carbon emissions. At the core of these numbers lies the shocking inefficiency of data centers. Of all the energy going into a modern server farm, it is estimated that, less than 4 percent actually processes something. The other 96 percent of electrons are lost at three stages:
(1) Cooling the room,
(2) Cooling the stacks or “blades” of servers, and
(3) Keeping idle machines humming.
Small Individual Efforts Can Yield Global Change
Power management soft-wares help the computers to sleep or hibernate when not in use. Reversible computing (which also includes quantum computing) promises to reduce power consumption by a factor of several thousand, but such systems are still very much in the laboratories.
By embracing simple, everyday green computing practices, we can improve energy management, increase energy efficiency, reduce e-waste, and save money in the process.
Energy-aware Internet routing
Data centers consume a lot of energy, as more digital information is "virtualized" and accessed in the cloud....