1. A volunteer firefighter, or a dependent son, or a dependent daughter, or the spouse of a volunteer firefighter (as listed on the 1040 tax return), in the State of Alabama, who is a current, active member of a certified volunteer fire department for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years; and said department has been a member of the AAVFD for the last three (3) consecutive years.
2. A dependent of a volunteer firefighter, as listed on the 1040 tax return, and the volunteer firefighter meets the requirements as specified in requirement number 1.
3. The Surviving spouse, or son, or daughter, of a fallen volunteer firefighter in the State of Alabama whose death was in the line of duty. Said volunteer firefighter must have been a current, active member of a certified volunteer fire department, and said department was a member of the AAVFD for the last three (3) consecutive years at the time of the firefighter’s death.
4. A surviving dependent, listed on a 1040 tax return of a fallen firefighter, whose death was in the line of duty, and the fallen volunteer firefighter met the requirements as specified in requirement number 3.
5. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior, or a high school graduate, or have a GED or equivalent.
6. Applicant must have maintained a “C” average at the last school attended.
7. The AAVFD Scholarship is awarded for undergraduates of a regional accredited public or private two (2) or four (4) year institution.
8. Scholarships awarded musts be used within one year of award.
9. Applicant must submit a copy of the volunteer firefighter’s last year’s 1040 tax return.
10. Applicant must submit a transcript of grades for last school year attended.
11. Applicant must submit a copy of their high school diploma (if applicant is a high school graduate), or a copy of their GED or equivalent.
12. Applicant must submit a completed AAVFD Scholarship application.
13. Applicant must...