NT1210 Midterm Study Guide
1. Approximately how many bytes are in a kilobyte (KB)?
a. 1 hundred (100)
b. 1 thousand (1000)
c. 1 million (1000000)
d. 1 billion (1000000000)
2. In the Graphic below, where the capacitors indicate individual bits in RAM, how will the computer interpret the indicated capacitor?
a. As a 1 (one)
b. As a 0 (zero)
c. Not readable
d. Does not apply
3. Convert this binary number to decimal: 00101011
4. On the drive graphic, what part of the drive is being pointed to?
5. A single hexadecimal is equivalent to _____ binary digits?
6. How are voice communications converted to digital signals?
a. They are broken into very small samples and then binary values are assigned to them
b. They are converted into an analog frequency from a digital signal then transmitted
c. They are sent directly as a digital signal; there is no conversion needed
d. They are converted to a cellular format. Assigned a binary value, and then transmitted
7. What does compression do to video fie?
a. It takes a standard video and stores it in an encrypted format
b. It takes an encrypted video file and formats it to a standard file
c. It takes a compressed video file and enlarges it to standard size
d. It takes a standard video and stores it as a smaller video file
8. In this sample Web address, which part identifies the protocol being used?
9. What does the Internet core comprise?
a. One large controlling network and several small ones
b. One very large controlling network
c. A set protocols, but no actual pieces of hardware
d. Many separate networks, some small and some large
10. Which of the following is designed to specifically manage computer peripheral devices?
a. Operating system
b. Device drivers
c. Modem software
d. Parallel cabling...