NUCLEAR or UNCLEAR
Nuclear deal has currently been the center of attention. The non-allegiance of the left has put the deal in doldrums. Some top scientists of the country say that it will prevent India from developing nuclear technology for weapons and for other purposes in future. I have compared the pros and cons of the deal. It now depends on horse trading of MP's and criminal MP's. Imagine our future in the hands of criminals. WTF
1. Importing Natural gas from Iran would be much cheaper.
2. Nuclear energy projects have very high input costs when compared to conventional and non-conventional sources of energy. Even if the nuclear deal was signed now, it would take about eight years for imported reactors to get operational.
3. India has huge natural resources. If we utilize them properly, say with hydro power, wind energy, thermal energy, solar power, hydrogen and other such energy sources, we can generate cost effective energy for India.
4. India will become more dependent on the US for the Nuclear Fuel. India does not have enough Uranium to sustain the projects on its own.
5. With a very bad security record and continuous terrorist attacks, India will have to face the fears of leakage of nuclear fuel. This will be the biggest threat if the fuel falls in the wrong hands.
6. With increased amount of nuclear waste, the management will be too expensive. Radio Active Rays are quite harmful to health.
7. The US interest if more strategic under the cover of the nuclear deal. They seem to be afraid of India becoming a major force in the World. The deal talks about trade, commerce, access of Indian R&D facilities etc. So there is more than what meets the eye.
8. The US reserves the right to recall the technology and fuel. This should be a major concern for us.
9. We should develop indigenous technology for Nuclear power with targets set to achieve nuclear independence in future.
10. India is ill-equipped with Disaster Management...