Canada’s largest oil and gas companies, Petro-Canada offers a wide array of opportunities in a growing industry. We are an integrated company with a balanced portfolio of businesses spanning both the upstream and downstream sectors of the industry. We believe that superior business results are achieved through creating a work environment that values diversity and encourages people to contribute their personal best. We are currently recruiting for the following position.
The Senior Compensation Advisor reports to the Manager of Compensation and works with a small team of Human Resource professionals. Responsibilities include designing compensation solutions in a dynamic business environment, completing market assessments for global upstream and shared services occupations and preparing reports and recommendations for review within HR and with line management. You are a seasoned compensation professional with the desire to continue to develop your expertise in this area and stay current with emerging trends. You are results oriented, decisive, trustworthy, professional and respectful. You quickly establish yourself as a trusted source of compensation expertise to peers and customers. You are comfortable in the use of complex technology to deliver compensation programs.
In this role, you will contribute your knowledge, expertise, service and support in the areas of:
• Compensation program design – compensation solutions that respond to today’s needs and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges;
• Market Assessments – conducting and analyzing salary surveys to determine the market competitiveness of compensation programs;
• Management Reviews – preparing reports and recommendations on competitive positioning for management review;
• Internal Consulting - providing support and advice regarding the effective interpretation and utilization of compensation programs and policies;
• Representing the company at various external industry...