OPS 571 Week 5 Project Management Recommendation
Write an email response in which you address the following points:
• Determine which project should be implemented and why (e.g. feasibility study, breakeven analysis, etc).
• Describe the five phases of a project
• Describe the key deliverables associated with the selected project.
Since this is an e-mail response, limit your length to 500 words or less. In order to do this, you will need to be very compact with your points.
Project Management E-Mail
Dear Project Manager:
We have three project proposals to consider in next week’s Project Management Office’s (PMO) Review. Piper Industries Corp. needs the projects to be complete and to be generating revenue within 12 months of next week’s PMO Review. Wendell Deirelein, our vice-president, has assigned your team to analyze the three projects below and make a recommendation on which project the company should invest in. The recommendation must include your team description of the five phases of the project and the key deliverables (project completion date and cost) for each project.
Project Code Name: Juniper
• This is an enhancement of a current widget being offered by our company.
• Risk of completion of this project on time is low.
• Product plan shows the critical path to be 6 months at a cost of $325,000 to bring the product to market.
• Product is forecasted to have a ROI of $250,000 for a period of 2 to 3 years.
• The third year is forecasted to be the end of life for this product line due to advances projected in technology.
• This is a standard product line that marketing believes many customers will want to purchase.
Project Code Name: Palomino
• This is a new line of widget products including enhancements using existing technology.
• Risk for completion of this project on time is medium.
• Production plan shows the critical path to be 9 months...