* 1874 ~ Born on March 26 in San Francisco, California.
* 1885 ~ Father dies and family moves to Lawrence, Massachusetts.
* 1892 ~ Graduates from Lawrence High School.
* 1893–94 ~ Studies at Dartmouth College.
* 1895 Marries his high school sweetheart, Elinor White.
* 1897–99 ~ Studies at Harvard College.
* 1900 ~ Moves to a farm in West Derry, New Hampshire.
* 1912 ~ Moves to England, where he farms and writes.
* 1913 ~ A Boy’s Will is published in London.
* 1914 ~ North of Boston is published in London.
* 1915 ~ Moves to a farm near Franconia, New Hampshire.
* 1916 ~ Elected to National Institute of Letters.
* 1917–20 ~ Teaches at Amherst College.
* 1919 ~ Moves to South Shaftsbury, Vermont.
* 1921–23 ~ Teaches at the University of Michigan.
* 1923 ~ Selected Poems and New Hampshire are published; the latter is awarded a Pulitzer Prize.
* 1928 ~ West-Running Brook is published.
* 1930 ~ Collected Poems is published.
* 1936 ~ A Further Range is published; teaches at Harvard.
* 1938 ~ Wife dies.
* 1939–42 ~Teaches at Harvard.
* 1942 ~ A Witness Tree is published, which is awarded a Pulitzer Prize.
* 1943–49 ~ Teaches at Dartmouth.
* 1945 ~ A Masque of Reason is published.
* 1947 ~ Steeple Bush and A Masque of Mercy are published.
* 1949 ~ Complete Poems (enlarged) is published.
* 1961~ Reads "The Gift Outright" at President John F. Kennedy’s inauguration.
* 1963 ~ Dies on January 29 in Boston.
* A Boy's Will (1913 U.K. edition, 1915 U.S. edition)
* North of Boston (1914 U.K. edition, 1915 U.S. edition)
* Mountain Interval (1916)
* New Hampshire (1923)
* West-running Brook (1928)
* The Lovely Shall Be Choosers (1929)
* Collected Poems (1930)
* The Lone Striker (1933)
* From Snow to Snow (1936)
* The Road Not Taken
* Mending Wall
* Nothing Gold can Stay