Unit 6 Assignment 2
Functions are actions and are codes that carry out and run tasks and in
some cases, different types of programs.
Function actions end up giving the user a result at the end.
Visual Basic is an example of a program that uses functions
Numerical functions include numbers in its coding.
The other function is user defined. This is when configuration of the
function is left up to the user.
A function action example would be a calculation
Procedures are user events such as inputting a number into a program. It then
gives the program a set of instructions which then carries out an action.
Procedures are event driven. An example would be clicking a button.
Another example of a procedure would be displaying a message. For example:
Procedures are In Built
The coding behind a program is procedural because the code is given a set of
instructions by the user to perform the action which the user has coded the
program to perform.
Class and Objects
• Class and objects links different types of data together.
• Object Orientated programming is used to link together
separated classes and objects.
• This programming is started from the base called the Class.
• Objects are put into the Class.
Abstraction of Data
• Abstraction of Data is the hiding of data from a program user,
such as code. An example of this is Google as the program
user does not see all of the code behind Google Search.
• Abstraction of data can also remove parts of code that is not
necessary. This can make the code shorter which results in
more memory saved and the code running faster.
• This would be an example of Abstraction of Data as no coding
comes up when a person is using Google Search.
• Predefined code is a code that has already been