PA571 Week 8 Final Exam
1. (TCO H) A website can be an important part of a nonprofit organization’s public relations, fund raising, marketing, and customer service plans. As the founder of a new nonprofit organization that will be providing assistance to the homeless in a major city in the Midwest, you need to prepare a marketing plan. Describe how you will use the website in conjunction with public relations, fund raising, marketing, and customer service. (Points: 25)
2. (TCO A) Identify four different types of nonprofit entities afforded 501(c) tax exempt status and describe the nature of their activities that afford them that status. In addition, identify an area of operations that might threaten that tax exempt status. (Points: 25)
3. (TCO B) Responsibilities of a nonprofit organization’s governing board consist of legal and fiduciary, oversight, fund-raising, and representation of constituencies and viewpoints. Address the oversight duties of the governing board. (Points: 25)
4. (TCO D) Budgeting and the preparation of financial projections are critical activities for any given nonprofit organization. Briefly explain at least three of the problems that may be faced during the preparation of the budget. (Points: 25)
5. (TCO E) Having an effective information system is important for a nonprofit organization. Address at least four areas of information that a system should be able to accumulate and process. (Points: 25)
1. (TCO F) Attracting, managing, and retaining volunteers are important steps for many nonprofit organizations. Describe at least five challenges in managing volunteers for your nonprofit organization. (Points: 25)
2. (TCO C) An existing nonprofit organization should already have a strategic plan in place. In updating the strategic plan, a major step in the planning includes aligning the strategic plan with the mission of that organization. Explain ways that the governing board of...