PAD 540 Assignment 1 Event Analysis (9/11) (Str Course)
For more course tutorials visit
Select a wellknown international political event that has impacted the United States foreign policy. For example, the 9/11 attacks on the U.S., Iraq, China, or Japan that would be good events for this and the following assignments. You will be using the same event for all writing assignments in the course, so read through the descriptions of Assignments 2, 3, and 4 to make sure your event can be applied in all four (4) assignments. Write a 67 page paper in which you 1.Briefly describe the event you have chosen. 2.Identify the political actors and nonstate actors and explain how each are or were involved. 3.Explain the major factors affecting foreign policy decisions and international relations (influences at three (3) levels). 4.Using the theories of international politics, perform a level of analysis for each paradigm. 5.Research and cite at least three (3) peerreviewed academic sources. Your assignment must
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with oneinch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or schoolspecific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
•Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are
• Evaluate the theories and systems of international politics.
•Analyze how international politics influences the various levels of public administration and its effect on groups and individuals.
• Describe the major developments in international politics and how they have evolved.
• Assess how the major assumptions of international relations have shaped public policy.
• Use technology and information resources to...