University of Phoenix † Savannah Campus
CIS/319 Computer & Information Systems
Date: January 27, 2009
Data input is very important. In this essay, I will be describing five different scenarios and what method of data input would be best for each of the following situations.
1. “Printed questionnaires † the data method to use would be alphanumeric data because one can use numbers, letters, and other characters.
2. Telephone survey † the data method to use would be audio data and voice recognition. The audio data method is sound, noise, and tones. The voice recognition method is a device that can be programmed to distinguish answers spoken into the receiver allowing it to be completed by computers.
3. Banks checks- the data method to use would be image data because of the graphic images and pictures, one can use this method by using the scanning device that recognizes bar codes which are called MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) a magnetic scanning input device. This system reads the numbers at the bottom of the checks and will mechanically make modifications to the correct accounts. A MICR input system will magnetize the information at the bottom of the check for simple interpretation.
4. Retail tags- The best data input for retail tags would be a bar code scanner. This is called an optical scanning input device. By using a bar code scanner manual input if numbers into a keypad is not necessary.
5. Long documents- The data method to be use for long documents is alphanumeric, because this device has numbers, letters, and other characters such as the keyboard because it permits one to produce the required test that formulates the questionnaires.” (mega essays, Copyright I 2001-2009 Mega Essays LLC)..
Convenience and quality of output are important. I will be describing six different
scenarios and what method of data output would be best for each of the following...