- Summer project
- Collect one kind of artifact for a period of one year
- Bring an end to waste and decay
- Clear communication
- Great concepts that avoid the obvious or clichéd idea
- Evidence that the problem has been thought through
- A visual record of the work as it progressed through the stages
- Participation by all the group
- Meeting the deadline
- Studio observational drawings
- 4 x five minute drawings (A5)
- 4 x ten minute drawings (A5)
- 1 x 30 minute drawing (A4 or Larger)
- In own time, explore negative space via photography.
- Min 40 photographs (A5)
- Select four images from week 1. 2 x Photographic and 2 x drawn.
- Develop into paper cut outs (A5) and should only be black, white or grey.
Week 3 and 4
- From paper cut outs at week 2, select one photographic and one drawn image to reproduce as prints.
- 1 x A5-A4 paper stencil screen print
- 1 x A5 lino print
- Choose one printed image and digitally enlarge this to A2 and print
- Sketch ideas
- Must be created using a series of small-connected squares only.
Hot or Not
- Devise a character profile. Name, age, sex etc
- Write an advert to introduce your character to other potential lonely hearts (5-50 words)
- This should include what type of person they are looking for
- Design an avatar in sketchbook
- Develop it in stages to achieve the right look and feel
- 30 – 50 thumbnails sketches
- Can be just a face or full body
- As a team, select one theme (music), research, brainstorm and develop ideas quickly in your sketchbook.
- Begin to collect and/or make objects for the shrine
- Consider the use of space, tiny or large, inside or outside.
- Assemble shrine in the space and photograph
Fly me to the Moon Part 1
- Develop ideas for the voyage. This must include an itinerary/structure and a mode of transport. It can include other special ades like a jet...