“People seem to forget that one reason they are now thinking differently is Freud’s legacy itself”
No one ever knows the legacy that his or her work will leave for future generations. Each of the theories studied in this course has left a mark on the practice of criminal justice today. You will write a biographical profile of one of these theorists. Within your paper, include information on the following topics:
1. Place and date of birth: City and region or country
2. Early life and education: Parents and family life;
3. Post-secondary education: College/university attended; mentoring figure
4. Area of specialization: Academic field of study
5. Major contribution to criminology: Most significant theory developed
6. Current interpretations of theory: Modifications made to the theory by other researchers
7. Overall impact: Whether and how the theory, modified or original, continues to affect the practice of criminal justice in the modern world.
Your paper should be written in 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins. In order to fully discuss all of the topics, papers should be no less than 4 pages. Papers should include a title page with the name of the theorist, the class title, the semester, and the student's name. You may work in pairs on this assignment, but be sure to include both of your names on the cover page. Papers should also include a bibliography of no less than 5 sources. Primary sources should be cited within the paper-DO NOT CITE ENCYCLOPEDIAS!
Papers should be turned in NO LATER THAN MARCH 15. You may turn in the paper early for review, but NO PAPERS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MARCH 22.
Category | Universal Criteria | Description | Weight | Student
KCA (Knowledge, Comprehension, Application) | Identified, retrieved, and/or organized relevant and quality information for processing. | Provided accurate background information on the selected theorist | 20 | |
Information Processing | Determined,...