Environment & Pollution
A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
* Are there litter laws where you live? If so, what is the penalty for littering?
* Do you think cars should be banned from city centers?
* Do you think people should recycle newspapers? Why or why not?
* Do you think there are lessons to learn from nature?
* How has the world changed since you were a child? (technology, values, environment, health)
* How often is garbage collected in your neighborhood?
* If humans are really intelligent and not simply manipulated by their genes like any other animal, why can't they do anything about overpopulation?
* What are some things that can be recycled?
* What are some things that your community is doing to help the?
* What are some things which you recycle?
* What are some types of pollution?
* What are some ways that you can reduce pollution in this country?
* What can you do to help prevent pollution?
* What can you do to make this world a better place?
* What do you think of people who smoke cigarettes indoors?
* Which is more important, increasing people's standard of living, or protecting the environment?
* Think of a situation in your area involving this issue.
* Which side would you choose?
* Who do you think is more responsible for pollution, individual people or the government? Explain.
* What is the most important issue facing the environment today?
* Do you know about any anti-pollution programs in your community?
* What about programs in your native country?
* Do you usually drink bottled water? Why or Why not?
* If you could choose one alternative energy source to develop which one would you choose? Why?
* Are companies more or less environmentally responsible now than they were in the past? Why do you think that is?
* Do you think recycling is an important community...