LEVEL 2 PRACTICE TEST MAY 2013
I. READING COMPREHENSION
A. VOCABULARY. Choose the best option - A, B, C or D - to complete each sentence.
1. After getting ___ the bus, I realized I should have stayed on until the next stop.
a) in b) out c) of d) off
2. I like climbing and skiing, so I have to be ___.
a) well b) sporty c) fit d) form
3. Some people are very afraid ___ spiders.
a) for b) of c) from d) --
4. I only have five dollars to ___ to the end of the month.
a) last b) endure c) reach d) live
5. The chef at that restaurant is a specialist in French ___.
a) kitchen b) plates c) cooking d) cookers
6. The bank is ____ the corner, opposite the pharmacy.
a) on b) in c) next d) by
7. My husband always ___ asleep in the armchair after lunch.
a) goes b) falls c) gets d) has
8. The little girl ___ the glass on the floor and it broke.
a) spilled b) dropped c) fell d) poured
9. Could you lend me a pound? I'll _________it back tomorrow.
a) get b) take c) pay d) keep
10. He spends too many hours __________ the office, sometimes 10 hours a day!
a) by b) on c) for d) at
B. TEXT. Read the following text and choose the best answer for each item. (5 points)
| (11)Two of the most dangerous storms in America are hurricanes and tornadoes. All of those who live in the area where they can occur |
|fear them. |
|Hurricanes, which usually develop between July and October, originate over the waters of the Caribbean Sea. They move upwards to the continental |
|U.S., somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean. When they reach the land, they are incredibly powerful and...