SCATTERGOOD V/S DAPHNE
SCENARIO 1 :
Scattergood is a HR of a company .Scattergood is anxious about involving subordinates in decision making of company , fearing a loss of authority and support. Scattergood thinks that because his organisation is constantly under pressure with tight deadlines to meet, he doesn’t have time to let employees join in the decision making process.
Scattergood ‘s arguments :
1. He believes that participation would not work in his organisation
2. Scattergood is afraid of losing his authority if he gives his employees a chance to share in the decisions made in his organisation.
3. He believes if he disagreed with their decision he would have to overrule them and his authority and support would be undermined.
4. There is not enough time to let his employees participate in any decision-making.
SCENARIO 2 :
Daphne is another HR who has same authorities as scattergood & she argues back to scattergood
1. If you allow your employees a voice in the decisions that affect them, they are more likely to support the final choice.
2. I feel that the decisions I am making are better since I have included my subordinates in the process. They are often closer to the problem than I am and, as a result, they can raise questions that I have not considered.
3. I have as much authority as I ever had and perhaps even more. In terms of my ability to get things done, I would say it has definitely increased.
4. I think you have overlooked some important areas where your employees could contribute.
Shown above are two of basic leadership approaches in management . Which approach do you support & with whose argument do you side ? Discuss both the arguments as per what you think of both ‘s argument & then conclude taking side of one & justify it .