Project Management Recommendation
Samara Delgado Ferrer
University of Phoenix
September 11, 2014
Prof. Angel Melendez
Dear Mr. Deirelein:
With the information available at the above email on Juniper, Palomino and Stargazer projects, I think that the best interest of the company is to continue the Palomino project. The reason for not selecting the other two options because Juniper takes too low a risk to their conclusion. Stargazer is not worth the high risk of extinction and ignorance of how the final product will be with the customer. The method used for making this decision was by the feasibility study.
The main objective is that the use of this project would make sense for the company as a whole. Answer all questions on the return on investment (ROI), project duration, risk and overall benefit to Piper Industries. Using the feasibility study and Juniper and Stargazer projects, was a basic understanding that the material mentioned above would not be present as the Palomino model.
The Palomino project consists of the following (Project Management email, University of Phoenix):
• New line of widget products including Existing enhancements using technology.
• Risk for completion of this project on time is medium.
• Production plan shows the critical path to be 9 months at a cost of $ 655,000 to bring the product to market.
• Product is forecasted to have a ROI of $ 450,000 for a period of five years.
• Product will be a custom part for one of your customers strategic forecasts from the historically-This customer have a 5% margin of error.
• The seventh year is forecasted to be the end of life for this product by the customer.
Are five different stages in the management of projects related to the Palomino project and those who are (Jacobs & Chase, 2011).
• Design and implementation of projects
The main thing about this phase is to ensure that the project presented is realistic and will benefit the company.